Note: Using our Site
Please read this Note carefully before you start to use our site, as the information will apply to your use of our site.
By using our site, you confirm that you accept the terms contained in this Note and that you agree to comply with them.
- Information about us
www.greatplainsint.com is a site operated by Great Plains Manufacturing, Inc which is a company registered and incorporated in Kansas with registration number 0438432 and registered address at 1525 E. North Street, Salina, KS 67401, USA.
In the UK we operate through Great Plains UK Ltd which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Great Plains Mfg., Inc.
- What Information We Collect
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Use of our Contact Forms
We will also collect the personal data that you provide to us through the online forms which you complete in order to contact us via our site. Such personal data may include first name, last name, address, email address, telephone number, profession and details of products you are interested in but might also cover other types of information. In order to use certain services on our site, some information you will have to provide, however the giving of other types of information is voluntary. We will always make it clear which personal data is compulsory at the time we ask for it.
- Cookies and Google Analytics
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that, if you agree, we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer, mobile phone or tablet. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your device’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site; and
- Analytical/performance cookies through “Google Analytics”. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. (Please see below for further information).
For further information about Google Analytics, please visit http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html and https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/index.html
You can opt-out directly from Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- How We Use The Personal Information
We will use the personal information that we collect for the following purposes:
- to supply you with information you have requested and to respond to queries, suggestions or complaints raised through our online contact forms;
- to allow you to participate in any interactive part of our site if you choose to do so;
- to monitor the use of our site;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- How Long We Keep Your Personal Information For
In accordance with our legal data protection and privacy obligations, we will only retain your information for as long as we actually need it to achieve the purpose(s) for which we obtained it in the first place. We will then either securely delete it or make it anonymous so that it cannot be linked back to you.
- Security and Storage of Your Personal Information
All information you provide to us is stored on servers with security appropriate for the type of data we store on them. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Your Personal Information and Third Parties
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We shall not release the personal information we collect to any third parties unless it is necessary in the circumstances, for example if:
- we are obliged or permitted to do so by law;
- we need to in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use;
- if fraud or other criminal conduct is suspected (in which case we may disclose personal information to the police and other relevant authorities);
- it is necessary to do so to provide the services chosen by you; and/or
- we need to release information to analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site (e.g. Google Analytics).
- Links To Other Websites
Our site includes links to social media sites, such as Facebook and Twitter. Please be aware that additional cookies and similar technologies may be placed on your computer, mobile phone or tablet device from these other websites. We are not responsible for these so please check the privacy and cookie policies of such websites for full details of what they do. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of these websites.
- Content of our site
We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, about the availability, accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of our site or any content on it. The use of our site and its content is at your own risk.
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
- Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- No reliance on information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
- Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable arising under or in connection with your use of, or inability to use, our site or use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus or other technologically harmful material that may infect your proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We take reasonable precautions to ensure that our site is secure and free from bugs and viruses; however, we offer no guarantee that this is the case. You must take your own precautions in this respect as we accept no responsibility for any infection by virus or other contamination or by anything which has destructive properties.
- Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- Your Rights
You have the right to access details of the personal data held about you. Any access request may be subject to a small administration fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal data we hold about you.
- Changes to this Note
We will need to change this Note from time to time to keep it accurate and up to date. Please review this Note regularly and adjust your browser settings if you want to before proceeding any further. If you do not accept the updated Note please do not use our site or submit personal information to us through it.
- Contact Us
If any information which you have provided to us becomes inaccurate or out of date or if you have any questions or concerns about the personal information or other information we hold about you and how we use it, please contact the administrator of our site at email@example.com or write to us at Great Plains Manufacturing, Inc. 1525 E. North Street, Salina, KA 67401, USA.